This full-time certificate program will equip you with fundamental business administration skills and knowledge that can be applied to a variety of entry-level jobs. Through the program, you will learn computer literacy, numeracy, cross-cultural communications and other skills needed in various businesses and industries, as well as develop basic knowledge in accounting, management, economics, marketing, and organizational structures.
Upon completing the program, you will have an excellent foundation in business and an opportunity to further your studies. Currently, under proposal, graduates of the program will be eligible to apply for direct entry to the 2nd year of the Q College two-year Business Administration, Web Tech Specialty Diploma program.
It will be a pleasure for us to answer your questions. You will receive a response within 48 business hours.
- Upon completion of the program, you will have demonstrated basic functions essential in business such as:
- Knowledge of basic accounting systems, as well as the ability to apply accounting accumulation principles, do external reporting, and expertly use financial accounting information.
- Preparing and analyzing accounting information for the use of shareholders and managements in partnerships and corporations.
- Familiarity with individual and group behavior in an organization.
- Knowledge of basic computer terminology, Windows, and the use of Microsoft Office tools such as MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with how the economy impacts businesses, industries, and government decisions.
- Knowledge of population trends in North America from a cross-cultural perspective and the roles culture plays in social and business interactions.
- Able to solve financial and math problems regularly encountered in business.
- An understanding of management functions such as planning, organizing, leading, and organization control.
- Awareness of the marketing mix known as the 4 Ps of marketing — product, price, place, and promotion.