If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career opportunity in healthcare, this program is the perfect fit! Through advanced software, you will learn a variety of skills related to office operations, messaging, scheduling, admitting, charting, and health record administration. These skills are essential for a successful healthcare career and will give you an advantage in the field. Plus, you’ll gain valuable experience to help you stand out in the job market!.
It will be a pleasure for us to answer your questions. You will receive a response within 48 business hours.
- Upon completion of this program, our successful student will have necessary skills to
be successful within British Columbia’s healthcare sector. Student will have the
following featured career skills:
- Utilize scheduling software to schedule appointments; create documents efficiently using professional keyboarding practices, transcribe medical documents as required and effectively manage patient records in health care operations.
- Generate required reports and complete requirements to register clients or support families with registration for extended care facilities, register patient deaths and coordinate with a morgue or a variety of outpatient and in-patient registration requirements with specialists, hospitals and other health related services.
- Be familiar with the definition and spelling of medical terms and be able to communicate with medical professions using common medical office terminology.
- Implement standard medical office procedures that relate to patient documentation and office sanitization.
- Perform basic medical services including but not limited to eye and ear treatments, measuring and records adult, children and infant weights and measurements.
- Utilize emotional intelligence, problem solving, conflict management and leadership skills to recognize, assess or defuse customers or situations.
- Assess and respond to customers or situations that require emotional intelligence, problem solving and Assess situations Recognize opportunities for personal and professional development and manage personal growth towards continuous personal improvement.
- Be able to self-assess personal and professional development needs and recognize opportunities Recognize opportunities for personal or professional development and;
- Facilitate the processing of electronic files while ensuring compliance with privacy requirements and patient sensitivities.