Program duration: 30 hours
Program type: Short Course
Learn basic C++ syntax, functions, containers, and compiling and linking with multiple files. Use OpenStreetMap and the 2D visualization library IO2D to build a route planner that displays a path between two points on a map.
Previous coding experience.
Online| On-campus| Combined
Student Progression And Reporting
Student will be assessed by daily attendance, assignments, and completion of in class activities.
It will be a pleasure for us to answer your questions. You will receive a response within 48 business hours.
Tuition and fees
Upon completion of this course the successful student will have learned about OpenStreetMap data and look at IO2D map display code. You will extend the IO2D map display code to use A*, so your program will be able to find a path between two points on the map. When the project is finished, you will be able to select starting and ending areas on a city map, and your program will find a path along the city streets to connect the start and end.
Tuition and fees
- Build on your previous programming experience to learn the basics of the C++ language
- Use vectors, loops, and I/O libraries to parse data from a file and print an ASCII board. You will use this board in the next lesson for a simplified route planning application
- Learn about the A* search algorithm.
- Use your A* search implementation to plan a path throughthe obstacles in the ASCII board. The program will also beable to print the solution to the screen with clean ASCIIformatting.
- Learn the syntax for C++ language features
- Complete an overview of header files, pointers, build tools,and classes